PALS Autism Society Adult Program offers Full Time and Part Time options for young adults with autism aged 19-29. The full time program is offered Monday through Friday, from 9am – 4 pm, 48 weeks per year. The part time program is offered 2.5 – 3 days per week, 48 weeks per year.
Both options are skills development programs focusing on developing individual goals and abilities in an environment that promotes independence, learning and functional communication. These include:
- Social skills / Social thinking
- Adaptive living skills such as cooking, shopping, transit training, self-care and home maintenance
- Community based activities such a volunteering at local neighborhood houses,
- Job skills training/on site Job Coaching/Supported Employment/Job development
- Leisure and recreational activities
- Building personal support networks
The programs actively seek consultation with autism experts who are skilled in working with young adults and understand the specific challenges and opportunities that this age group presents.